Sunfish restoration

foxbd

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and the new owner of two Sunfish that came as a package deal. One is an '82 that's complete and is in very good condition. The other is a '76 that is rough but restorable. I'm looking at fixing it up as a winter project with my 11 year old daughter. Anyway, are there any sites that provide detailed descriptions and photos of Sunfish restoration? I saw the photos in the photo section here but am looking for more details. Any help is greatly appreciated,

Dan

Welcome Dan,

The best place I can guide you for repair info is for you to join Yahoo Group's "Sunfish Sailor" group. It is free (the only cost is time to take to join Yahoo Group) and there are a number of files available to guide you into the repair of Sunfish. Go to Yahoo and search for Sunfish Sailor or Yahoo Group Sunfish Sailor. Here is the web address I see when I sign in: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunfish_sailor/

I am a 9 month owner of a 1973 Sunfish and have a starboard foam block to reset this spring before putting her back into our fleet racing. There was plenty of file info there to get me ready for this repair as there is a lot of other information regarding other typical repairs for a Sunfish.

Hopefully this info will get you headed to a rebuild of your Sunfish.

Back