Sunfish Graphics

AndrewH

Came into possession of a 1995 Vanguard built Sunfish. never out of the box. Is it possible to remove the graphics only. Ive seen people used heat guns for some stuff but not sure if this is embedded into paint etc . Kind of wild. i would be okay w/ yellow . Other than that maybe have an auto car paint place do ? thoughts

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 55
Those are stickers. They have been on there for 27 years so you may need a really hot heat gun!!! Or else just leave them. That is going to be a lot of stickum to get off the deck. The yellow is the factory gelcoat. Hopefully you don’t want to paint over that. Gelcoat is much more durable than paint.

Last edited:
Those are stickers. They have been on there for 27 years so you may need a really hot heat gun!!! Or else just leave them. That is going to be a lot of stickum to get off the deck. The yellow is the factory gelcoat. Hopefully you don’t want to paint over that. Gelcoat is much more durable than paint.
thanks!!!! was hoping it was some sort of decal. wild. to find a vanguard boat untouched sealed the deal.

That's the coolest deck ever! Do NOT do anything to it :eek:

...and as beldar suspected, that boat wasn't built by Vanguard but Sunfish Laser, Inc. That graphic is the same they used on that year's Lasers, albeit differently positioned and scaled:

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

(Without the permission of member mjr119 :rolleyes: )

_

thanks to all. Had to bite on the hull. Have a leaker 80s boat. I race and I am a tad heavy so new dry boat was paramount. lol at least the race committee will be able to see me bringing up the rear

Back