Storing for Winter Months

cshunt

I have heard a lot of pros and cons on how to store a Laser for the Winter.

On the trailer? Upside down? Up on its edge? Any actual information I could use would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: the "W" word
Please don't say that!!! We're just drying out up here!!

FWIW
We store our boats on the gunwale, using tires (only high performance :D), old fenders and cushions to keep them off the floor & separated. We also switch them every year (odd years = port side down). I don't know if there is any advantage to doing this, but it's kind of reminiscent of what is done to the USS Constitution. The ship is turned around in Boston Harbor every year so she weathers evenly.

Looking at the support "set-up" that I have on my trailer ( approx 80% gunwale ...20% hull) would I be better off storing in on its' side or just leaving it as it is....months from now!... Keep in mind it's 35 yrs old. I have a deck cover and it lives under a patio cover in mild texas winters. Thanks Eric

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 40
Winter months? Courtesy of the mostly benign Socal weather, we're sailing all year so it sits in the garage like always!

or you can always move down south and sail year 'round :) it is a buyer's market here in Tampa.

good luck

Antolin

ps I am being "cheek in tonge" not to offend anybody

Store it in Newport, RI at an unnamed sailing center right side up on the dolly. Covered, of course, and race it every Sunday from November to May :D:D:D

Back