Stiffened tiller

odegaard

cAPTN oDIE
Last summer at the Barrington NA's I was told by the attending Class Measurer, that the Class AC/WC had passed a new rule that any stiffening could be applied to the old wooden tillers. I was assured that the rule change had been approved by the ISAF. Subsequently, I have stiffened my olde tiller by attaching a length of alum. tubing. I have not seen any similar changes in the Northeast this summer. Also, I see no change to the Class Rules on the ISCA web site. With the temporary (I hope!) demise of the Windward Leg, how will the Class inform the "troops" of rule changes like this?

Was I missinformed on this change?

Hi Paul,
ISAF has not approved the change. The class rules can only be changed every two years and that means this rule, if ISAF approves, would not be effective til 2013. ISAF has been pretty picky- they denied a straightforward rule change on placement of national letters on our sails, but I hope this rule change will be approved. The WC voted to remove the last sentence of class rule 3.4, so have a look at to know what the revised rule would be. Chris

Thanks Chris, I will remove my stiffening device for now.

But how will the Class get the word out in 2013 if still no "Leg" published?

Back