spots

DK Sailor

It started last week end I went sailing boat fell of the trailer.On my sail I turtled and my new sail got stuck in the mud, got home flipped boat wet sanded the hull is smooth left it upside down for the week then put in right side up and there was a little moisture and the stern is covered with like 8 4x3'' barely soft/blister spots.It sucks for me.

If i let the hull dry out will they moastly at least go away or do they get bigger or is it a no worry problem.

Thanks

no at the ramp it was minor just the stern got chiped thats all fixed its just these stupid spots the rest is like really good

sorry heres a maybe understandable rewrite

It started last weekend. I went sailing and the boat fell off the trailer at the ramp. On my sail I turtled and my new sail got stuck in the mud so i had to wash it. I got home and flipped the boat over and wet sanded the hull. Now its smooth.I left it upside down for the week and put in right side up like an hour ago, there was a little moisture and the stern is covered with like 8, 4x3'' barely soft/blister spots.

It sucks for me.

If i let the hull dry out will they moastly at least go away or do they get bigger or is it a no worry problem.

Thanks

Did you try to repair the stern? If so, what did you use? Most gelcoats take about 2 days in dry heat to fully cure. Some more.

If you didnt do anything to try and repair it, I would just leave it, but maybe stick it in the garage with a dehumidifier to suck the moisture out of the boat, as to that is normally what causes spots like that. I would just let it sit there for a day or 2, and then try to wet sand the blisters with 5000 or 6000.

They say never store a wet boat upside down because the water will soak right into the deck. Sounds like this is what happened to you. The blisters are the result of the deck drying out. Nothing you can do at this point, but make sure you drain your boat before storing it upside down again.

Back