Spar question

Lazzzerrr

I saw somewhere on laserforum that said if your plugs on your spars are black, then the spars are not class legal. Is that correct?

Not necessarily.

Depending on which builder sold the spars, there have been white, black, and blue plugs/caps.

I am the second owner of my boat. There isnt a sticker laser sticker on any of the spars. How else can i tell if theyre legal or not?

I am the second owner of my boat. The first owner was a serious racer in class sponsored events. My spars have black plugs and hardware, and I promise you they are class legal. I'd not worry about yours at all.

My boat is a 1979... Im pretty sure they are original because of the gooseneck... It is a different style then the new spars

I saw somewhere on laserforum that said if your plugs on your spars are black, then the spars are not class legal. Is that correct?

I had a boat from the mid 90s and then one from the mid 80s. Both had black spars caps. at least in NA, they then went to blue and then back to black

Just got a new boom a few weeks ago and I believe it has black plugs, your boom should have a class sticker from the factory showing that its a class boom, the color of the plugs definitely doesn't effect the performance in any way

Back