Soooo, I bought a Vanguard Dealership.....

WestCoast

Well I finally have all the paperwork, the name change is set, and we're in business.

I'm now the proud papa of West Coast Sailing. One of two Vanguard dealers for the Northwest (US)

I am looking into doing some special deals for members of this forum and a few other Vanguard boat forums. Anyway, stop by if you are around, or write an encouraging e-mail if you are in the mood.

West Coast Sailing
721 N. Tillamook
Portland, OR 97227
(503) 285-5536

www.WestCoastSailing.net (bare website is up, store soon)
[email protected]

WestCoast said:
I'm now the proud papa of West Coast Sailing.

Congratulations, West Coast! Hope you sell lots of boats. A Laser in every garage (or dinghy parking space)! Seriously, it sounds like a cool way to make a living, selling a fun boat. Good luck to you.

Merrily

Well Mr George, encouraging to hear you are doing some 'special deals'.... now is your chance to shine, we await with bated breath.

By the way i have just had to wait 1 week to buy a sail from a shop in San Francisco. They had to order it from the east coast - hopefully this is not a common occurrance as the deal almost fell thru (still might).

GOGOGOGOGO WEST COAST OWNAGE! so now that i have you attention do you wanna sell a black diamond carbon tiller to me in aussie for cheap (cuz i cant seem to get one her) ????? LOL :p

thanks guys, the online store is under construction. In a few days, we'll have the most neccessary items up, free shipping except on the heaviest items (centerboards, etc)

I look forward to contributing all I can to the Vanguard community, especially to us Laser sailors. Contact me with anything Laser and I'll do everything I can to help.

Hi George,

Congradulations on the new dealership! I hope it all goes very well.

I will be sending you an email soon with some ideas on how we can work on some special deals for this forum and possibly the Sunfish version of this forum as well ( www.sunfishforum.com ).

Best Regards,

Hi George,
Congrats on the new business! I hope you truly successful in spreading disease... The Laser sailing bug that I am afflicted with can be contagious and perhaps one of these days I'll be able to charter a boat from you for sailing at the Gorge or at one of the West coast events...
Sincerely,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

thanks Bradley, I've bookmarked the forums, keep me posted =)

Fishingmickey- The gorge is an amazing place to sail, anytime you come out, even if you don't need a charter, come on and stop in the shop anytime.

Congrats, I wish I had such an oppurtunity ;)

Would shipping be free to eastern Canada? If it is, I'll definetly be buying some stuff from you this summer ;)

(I may be buying a new boom next week, so let me know ;))

Free shipping for most everything is the plan.

For centerboards, rudders and spars, there will have to be a small fee, those things are large and heavy enough to cost more than sail/parts/blocks/etc. but I'll get some quotes for those things and we'll see what we can do :)

Will you be selling any gear?

You should deffinatly try and become a SEA Australia Dealer.

Please become a SEA Australia dealer.

I would spend a lot at your store if you were.

They make the best sailing gear you can buy.

Hi Glen, got your e-mail, I'll certainly look into it, not sure how it would work out, but I'll see what comes up.

I will be around Saturday 8-noon, and sunday 8-noon or so. Racing this weekend in the afternoon.

George

George,

have a look at www.zhik.com

im pretty sure they'e looking for stores un the USA

the best gear ive seen, few of the top sailors in the world are wearing it (picture of scheidt on sailing.org today)

Best wishes with the store. im sure itl be a smash. cant say il be stopping by in portland, but il definatly be cheking out the site on the 1st of july. Theres some stuff i need like a new raidla bottom section, hiking shorts and clew straps, if the price is right you've just got yourself a customer. il email you after i see the site.

See ya,

Best wishes with the store. I'm sure it'l be a smash. Can't say I'l be stopping by in Portland, but I'l definatly be cheking out the site on the 1st of July. Theres some stuff I need like a new radial bottom section, hiking shorts and clew straps, if the price is right you've just got yourself a customer. I'l email you after i see the site.

See ya,

Will you have carbon tillers, FSR, clew straps, rooster gear? Hard to get here that stuff.

Let us know when the online store is running, cheers.

Back