Some Laser 2 Questions

Tom A

Hi

I bought a used laser 2 last fall, and am just getting used to it.
Loved sailing with a friend on a windy day in October!
Now having trouble with simple maintenance issues. I have it moored at a lake with the mast up and a cover on. Twice last week, I had the "pleasure" of swimming out to it and righting it after it capsized and turtled (mast in mud) at the mooring. Moored with mast up, no sails, boom stowed.

Do you have any suggestions to keep it stable at mooring and preventing capsizing and turtling? I would like to leave the mast stepped, so it will be easier to rig and sail (and to sail solo). However, it seems like the boat is not stable with the mast up, even in summer winds.
I have thought of a polystyrene cap on the mast head, and of some kind of outrigger or float to sit next to the boat. Any suggestions on a cheap floating dock or something that could be lashed to the side of boat and make it easier to rig on the water?

Thanks.

Tom A

tie a bucket from the shrouds on either side and let them sink, hopefully it will keep the boat the right way up

144679 said:
tie a bucket from the shrouds on either side and let them sink, hopefully it will keep the boat the right way up

Thanks.

Any worry about damaging the shrouds?

TA

Back