So much for Paige Railey (split from the news thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerun

so much for paige railey... world champion my foot, pretty poor showing at the radial worlds wouldnt you say. going from 1st in the world to 22nd isnt exactly a good result.

its funny though, you all pretty well idolise paige railey from what ive seen yet shes being beaten by many other competitors who have also been world champ for a period of time. your american is being beaten by the only two ausie girls there competing, krystal weir and sarah blanck.

after 11 races petra niemann from germany is leading the womens comp whilst Fabio pillar is leading the men... its funny though, the top aussie there in the mens comp is attending his first ever world championship and coming 6th at the moment, not bad for a youth sailor wouldnt you say?

Re: Paige Railey Update

following on from that, due to the fact that this was left out

paige railey was disqualified for sculling on the start, after already being warned once
any person who attends a world championship, let alone the world champ should know better than to do something as stupid as that during an international regatta, get serious

paige railey... who?

pfft more life pathetic railey

Easy there rerun. No one here is bashing australian sailors. and you cant really bash the US when it comes to laser radials considering we have the ISAF ranked 1 and 2 sailors anna tunnicliff and paige railey. My whole view on the sculling issue is that other people are doin it but because she is ranked number one she stands out in the fleet and pretty much has a target on her back.

Yeah no aggrevation dude im Aussie but that doesnt mean bag the Carp out of the other competing nations. If shes world champ, she's a darn good sailor.

Re: So much for Paige Raily (split from the news thread)

she aint no world champion anymore

Xu Lijia (China) is the new womens world champ whilst fabio pillar (Brazil) is the mens. paige railey came 45th, which was last in the gold fleet
heres her scores:

45USA 187345Railey Paige460.0(raf)(raf)rafrafrafrafrafdnfrafrafdnfdnc

you call that good?

results say alot about a sailor, especially at an international event. i have nothing against anna tunnicliffe

all results from the regatta can be found here: http://www.calyachtclub.com/cms/index.cfm?vNavID=125&mainid=10

I can understand national pride, however tour comments are better suited to another forum. Most if not all here are for the positive points of Laser Sailing

im just wondering why rerun has this personal grudge against paige railey. its not like she did anything to you. And xu even said it herself,

"She didn't have much luck this year," she said. "I have regarded her as my idol since I began to sail Radials. She is still the best, and there are still some good things I need to learn from here......"

As I see it, this fellow rerun has a need to post his stuff.

How about we move this thread to somewhere appropriate??

In one respect I'm glad I'm not very good as I can get better. There are aspects of being at the top of a fleet that definitely do not appeal. For example, you cannot start getting better results, but there are lots of people snapping at your heels. You are defending only and the best that can happen is that you keep your position. More likely is that others will start doing better. Its just a matter of time until others succeed.

Top of fleet - something to strive for but when one gets close, I think I'd start looking for another fleet, wider competition, different class, etc.

(does not mean I don't want to get better and I doubt I will ever have the problem of only defending my position in a fleet)

Ian

Hello,
I would like to remind everyone of part 3 of the TLF Terms of Service:
...transmitting content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or confidentiality or copyrights, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable is not permitted...

Please try to keep discussions of other Laser sailors friendly. There is no reason to insult a popular American sailor in this way.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back