Shevy Gunter aka drLoser - Nazi overtures on his web site=boycott

Tentmaker
I find what drLoser has done with his latest "section" VERY OFFENSIVE.

His usage of the Nazi swastika to denote viewpoints or actions that HE deems to be wrong is childish at best, and sure to offend many.

I won't be using his site or recommending it to anybody until he removes them.

Grow up Chevy or get back on your meds.

Wow, it looks like when I stopped reading the mailling list, all hell broke loose. I think I will read this page.

Remember its an Op-Ed not pure facts. Its his thoughts on the issues, although he portreys it as pure fact. Some of it is, some is speculation. There is not much I can do about it, making a post on the list complaining or stating all the incorrect assumptions will only waste everyones time.

I do agree I think he went abit to far using the swastika. He kept using the word facism, but the swastika doesnt represent facism. Nazism is more extreme than facism. The people he is addressing that swastika to, he is calling facist, not nazis, therefore he shouldn't be using the swatiska. Frankly, I gave up reading all that at about number 10. Its to much like 'The Young and the Restless'.

BS! I cant edit my Damn post! I made spelling errors I want to fix! Damn it Bradely, let me EDIT MY POST!

Try running a spell check before actually sending your message.

It is a lot easier than trying to edit a message already published.

And think where editing posts could take you. It's worth thinking about.

Aysen

Actually you can edit your post up to 15 minutes after it was made. After that you must make a new post.

Are you sure that is the case, because I tried to edit the minute after I posted...

I just tried to edit, and it wouldn't let me. Look at the time under my amount of post to see the time I posted these two messages...

Using automated censorship, ILCA NA
Forum uses **** for "Dick" and "hell"
and "shit" and "Jesus".
In spite of multiple private and public warnings, Forum Owner implements an automated language censorhip software to protect us from ourselves! Forum continues its practices of moving posts around or deleting them without informing the authors.

is this the section

Member notifies drLaser that NA
Webmaster and Forum Owner only
15 years old! NA remains silent.
Forum Owner & Class Webmaster turns out to be a Sunfish sailor, newcomer to Lasering, and never an ILCA member before! News raises concerns that leadership lacked competence and responsibillity in managing Class assets. ILCA Constitution terms like "actions contrary to the interests of the members of the Association" surface to warn members and Officers of the severity of concerns.

hey im confused do the forum owner is the owner of dr laser too

oooo y already saw the nazi logo i think dr laser should be deleted

and cut the story or nazism and facism hitler used that sign as his logo then its a nazi shit

oo and its very offensive for all of us

In case their is any confusion, DrLaser.org and Laserforum.org are in no way associated with each other. I wouldn't say the forum has an owner, but I am in charge of operations, the forum is a mutual amoung all the members, kind of like state farm insurance.

Hey, we made some progress on this issue, or at least I think so - Vanguard just told Shevy to remove all Laser trademarks from his site due to the swaztika / Nazi crap on his site. - see the email from Chip Johns to the Laser mailing list for the full details.

(I'd be surprised if some of the authors of the content posted on his site don't ask to him to remove their contributions as well)

The next step would be for someone to create a site that has as much useful info as DrLoser's, without ripping off any of his own personal stuff.

I am currently working on something here, but I haven't had enough interest from people willing to write articles. You can still access the TLF Guide to Lasering, at http://www2.laserforum.org/vb/show.php?pg=guide

If yall are interested in writing stuff I will buy a domain and host a new laser information site. Let me know if there's any interest.

Cheers,

I was trying to be subtle in my suggestion about a new website. :eek:

The fact is the class already has laser.org and from what I understand, part of the paid salary for James Appel is to maintain that site.

Why wouldn't we want the wealth of info that exists out there to be available right on our own class site, under the control of the class (which means us!) ?

I don't know about the class thing, most class websites don't have a lot more than some basic information. I will continue my efforts, and if anyone is interested in helping I would greatly appreciate it!

Back