Sailfish found- no identification

Boatfinder

I found a super sailfish mk2 that was buried in the sand and it has no registration of any sort except for 4 numbers 5513. Nothing else. wanted to know if anyone knew what this meant and a way to identify the number and find its owner .photos of the boat will be posted later

1-the boat - Alcort Sailfish 5513.jpg2-the major damage - under bow.jpg4-complete foredeck damage .jpg and the i.d plus a little patch.....6-insignia and glassed patch midship starboard.jpg the thing on the upper left says 71, the upper center says F&W and the thing on the upper right says PA.

Attachments

• 5-transom.jpg
    5-transom.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 53
That sticker won't help you. It just indicates that the boat was registered in PA more than 40 years ago. Ownership could have changed multiple times since then.

The hull is in very poor shape and in the absence of the rig, board and rudder (almost) worthless, in my opinion.

oh... well okay... hmmm. a friend told me that he knew that boat and that the owners sailed it once a year for the local regatta. i think that it hit a rock of some sort and the owners thought well we only use it once a year so lets just abandon it. and so it sat for the next 10-30 years and the beach didnt bother to clean it up during the winter and the sand blew over it for so long. but my friend owns a sailfish and he has most of the parts as spares. and also a free boats a free boat.

oh... well okay... hmmm. a friend told me that he knew that boat and that the owners sailed it once a year for the local regatta. i think that it hit a rock of some sort and the owners thought well we only use it once a year so lets just abandon it. and so it sat for the next 10-30 years and the beach didnt bother to clean it up during the winter and the sand blew over it for so long. but my friend owns a sailfish and he has most of the parts as spares. and also a free boats a free boat.
Wow! What a cool story. What were yo digging for? This boat must be repaired and sailed!

it was partially visible at the top of the beach but took a lot of work to dig up, i had 6 friends help and i was a big job.
i know it should be sailed. my dads brother is a nautical architect and has done the same thing before so we went to him

I'd think the outside would be easier to fix than the inside. I say if it's solid inside, go for a restore!

Back