Sail numbers

isv2000

aight.....would there be any objection to me using 12 inch sail numbers in a regattta?
-Pete for the USVI:cool:

isv2000 said:
aight.....would there be any objection to me using 12 inch sail numbers in a regattta?
-Pete for the USVI:cool:

I wouldn't care a bit, but that doesn't count.

ISCA rule 3.6.5 limits the height to 10 + 0.5"
Worst case scenario: Somebody could protest you and the RC would have to throw your results out, I guess. This would be very mean, IMHO, and contrary to the spirit of friendly competition. I certainly hope it wouldn't come to that.
Getting the OK from the Regatta RC or the PRO ahead of time might be the way to go about this.

I have never been to any regatta where they measured the height or location of your numbers. Rules aside, If you have numbers and they are pretty close to the right spot and yours are pretty close to the right size, that's pretty much all that counts, I'd give it a 99% success rate. Although now we know who to look for.........

I HAVE been to regattas where the sail numbers were measured, space between was measured, and people were very busy hustling to get them right so they could race. According to our rules the placement and size is very specific, so as you can, get to complying.

Removing old numbers isn't a huge hassle, just time. Goo Gone does a good job of removing the sticky and not ruining the sail. Then you can apply your favorite supplier's compliant sized and spaced numbers. Do your best to have a big and flat enough surface that you can lay it all out at once.

Back