Question Rule 69

jlosail

Judy Lazo
Got a question. There’s an on the water incident. No protest is filed. No one did penalty turns. Can a protest hearing be held several weeks later after a complaint was made to the local regional rep?

No. If no one has taken any action by the end of the protest time limit, there simply is no case to be heard.

_

I guess one should always read the thread title before posting an answer... :oops: :rolleyes:

So if it really is a rule 69 (Misconduct) case, then it’s whole another can of worms. No protest would be needed (it actually wouldn’t even be grounds for one), and it’s up to the race committee/organising authority of the event to decide how to proceed. If they think there’s anything to it, they can appoint a new protest committee in a case like this, when allegations pop up long after the event. The new (or old) committee will then decide whether or not to hold a hearing.

What actually happened?

_

I guess one should always read the thread title before posting an answer... :oops: :rolleyes:

So if it really is a rule 69 (Misconduct) case, then it’s whole another can of worms. No protest would be needed (it actually wouldn’t even be grounds for one), and it’s up to the race committee/organising authority of the event to decide how to proceed. If they think there’s anything to it, they can appoint a new protest committee in a case like this, when allegations pop up long after the event. The new (or old) committee will then decide whether or not to hold a hearing.

What actually happened?

_
I didn’t read the title either. This sounds interesting!

Back