Rigging help

WPB Sailor

Ok - I know I'll get this down pretty soon but is there a step by step rigging guide maybe with photo's?? This is my fist time rigging the boat (previous owner did it for me the first time) and in switching from the full to radial config I got totally confused - took me a hour + to rig. On the plus side I won every start....:)

A hiking strap is a hiking strap, you choose based on personal preference, no strap will make you faster or slower. I happen to choose the Rooster brand strap.

Hey Ross - Seeing as you are 'in the know', whats the word on the street with the ZhikGrip strap/boot system? Any of your Olympic training friends using it and if so is all the hype true?

At my racing level its not going to make much difference, but as I'm in the market for a new strap and boots for this season thought I would ask the question.....

Hey Ross - Seeing as you are 'in the know', whats the word on the street with the ZhikGrip strap/boot system? Any of your Olympic training friends using it and if so is all the hype true?

At my racing level its not going to make much difference, but as I'm in the market for a new strap and boots for this season thought I would ask the question.....

I've heard good things about them, but they haven't been around long and they blew up and got big quick, they accomplised this by throwing their gear at Campaigners, and having flashy adds. Not that their's anything wrong with that.....

Personally, I think their stuff is ok, but there is better stuff out there, but it's up to you. I wouldn't invest my life savings in them. (Their stuff is expensive!) That said, I do currently use their 3/4 hikers, over shorts, and life jacket. I have tried their barefoot boots, but they sucked. It was a great idea, just hard to do right. I'm going to look at their 400 boot and see how I like them as I need new ones.

I think if you are interested in their boot/strap combo, it would be a good idea to look at their boots first, and find something comfortable. Then, if you like what you've seen, look at their strap. But I don't think you have to have both. And remember to try the boots on before buying!

It's all personal preference really. I love my Rooster strap, and I currently do not plan on switching. It's the only one I've ever bought for my boat, so I may be a bit biased! :)

Back