Removing centerboard stopper

sailingmania

:confused: I have a centerboard that has been sanded down hugely by who i brought the boat off, so when sailing i rattles like hell! i've tried another board and it is brilliant comapred to my main board. i am goin to refurbish my mainboard so i need to remove the centerboard stopper. (any ideas?) or links would be greatfully appreciated, as well as ways to bulk up the width of the centerboard and the leading edge because it is pretty much a point and is eating away my hull!

The stopper is three pieces - two end caps and the "barrel". The endcaps are pressed on, so unless the prev owner put some glue on them, you should be able pry one cap off. Pry from opposite sides of the cap at the same time if possible.

Building the thickness of the board back up is going to be very time consuming with a good chance of mucking up the shape unless you have a template to keep checking the shape. If it were me, I would pretty the blade up (paint it so it looks new) and find someone with a thick blade to trade with.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 79
Thanks alot for the information i will give it a lick of paint and a week on e bay or boats and outboards or apolloduck or somewhereand sell it quick! cheers!

Back