ready to launch!

g1gaumond

Our winter project is almost done...final test launch! :D

Stopped counting the hours invested a while back, but we spent some great moments refurbishing my young daughter's Laser, her first, not likely the last!

The story in short, bought it last spring for a great deal, needed TLC, but I saw this as a good opportunity to teach her work to be done on a boat. Young princess has been watching (and helping) me do work on our keelboat since birth, now it was time to get her involved in ownership and she did make me proud! Most of the work, she did herself with me as moral support and helping adviser when needed.

All, and I mean all, the information needed to carry this out this project was found here on this forum, everything we learned on Lasers was right here.:)

Will not list on of the improvements carried out here, but they are all the typical fixes expected on a 1977 laser, except hull to deck joint, hers was sound and good.

Repainting both hull and deck was the final touch to it. It looks good and sharp, considering it will never be used for racing, it is great. We used the two part poly paint with good results, and we know that with the experience gained the second one will be even sharper (but there will not be a second one, that's for sure...now I know why Fred will not do deck painting any more!;))

Yesterday, we installed on the hardware back on, including new daggerboard brake. (We had to drill new holes, but we had epoxied over the old ones anyway)

It looks great! you can see the pride on her face for a job well done!:D

Here's a few shots to give you all an idea since it has a little bit of everyone's advice on it!

Thanks to all!

GG

Attachments

• lasercompleted.jpg
    lasercompleted.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 127
  • laserstripped.jpg
    laserstripped.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 112
  • cockpitdrainfixed.jpg
    cockpitdrainfixed.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 103
  • mastepfixed.jpg
    mastepfixed.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 107
  • hullpaintdone.jpg
    hullpaintdone.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 119
  • paintprep.jpg
    paintprep.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 117
This is excellent! Congratulations.

Confused by the statement "never be used for racing." Aren't all boats used for racing, virtually all the time?

Back