Radial Worlds Logistics

laser158689

Now that the info is finally posted, I've got sticker shock.

Anyone who will be attending the Junior Worlds, would your boat be available for charter for the open worlds (27 July - 4 Aug) at a price less than $845?

Anyone on the east coast (MD to MA) putting together a trailer/container for the open worlds?

Brian

They are in Southern California and sailed out of the California Yacht Club and you can get details from their event website. You can find the entry and charter forms at the ILCA event website.

For those that haven't been there, Marina Del Rey is a great place to sail: warm and sunny with a nice afternoon seabreeze that can reach into the upper teens. And, of course, the venue is Los Angeles which means endless beaches, Disneyland, Hollywood, the (hated) Dodgers, etc.

The ILCA Office sent out a circular this morning which gives a bit more detail for Women's allocations, etc. It also makes the following point about charter boats:

Priority will be given to countries that are paid members of the International Laser Class Association in the following order:

1. Places allocated according to membership that are requested before 25 May (see http://www.laserinternational.org/WRad06/weballocationswrad06.htm)
2. Countries that do not have places allocated
3. Countries that are closest to the next allocation step.

Please note there is a discount for early entry for payments received by 7 June 2006. After that date entry will depend on the availability of charter boats as on that date we have to make a commitment to the builder on the number of boats to be built and then they have shipped across America (and back again after the championship).

The key point is the June 7 deadline which will, ultimately, determine the number of charter boats the event will have.

Tracy

Glen - I just sort of decided to go. Can't really take the time off, but don't want to miss this.

If I do go, I could maybe bring a second (brand new) boat for you to charter.

Back