Quick adjust mechanism for the gooseneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased a quick adjust mechanism for the gooseneck from APS. Naturally, it came without instructions. It looks fairly simple to install, but here is where I had the problem:

When I removed the brass screw from the gooseneck, the rod of the self adjust mechanism would not pass thru the screw hole. It would only go half way down until it met the threads that were utilized by the brass screw. As the rod end also was threaded, I tried to screw it in, but found this difficult. I did not want to cross thread anything so I stopped and did not try to force things. Is anyone familiar with how this is supposed to work? If the rod can be completely inserted through the screw hole there is a plastic device that will screw on to the end of the rod allowing the lever on top to be turned 90 degrees and pinch the clamp together.

This is probably more simple than I am making it sound. Anyway, any info will be appreciated!

i had the same problem with my old boat. i just drilled out the threads untill the adjustable one stopped hitting the threads and then just put it on. i didnt have any problems with it for the 1 1/2 years i had that boat.

Cookie do you read the problem before posting or do you just look at the boats to weather of you to see what's going on and copy it.
Not meant be be rude but. :D

Yes I Do Believe I Understand And Just Offered A Simple Solution Unlike
You. I Thought This Forum Was To Help,and Share Information. Not Knocking Each Other . I Hope You Do Not Sail With The Same Rude Spirit.

The World Is Full Of People That Try To Do Nice Things To Help Others
It's A Better Way Of Looking At The World.

25 Posts In 3 Weeks Do You Sail Or Just Play On The Computer

So I Say Goodby To The Forum

CP sorry about that post it was uncalled for. And if forgot to mention that a drill bit was the answer to the problem. As Strumblo mentioned.
J

Please keep it nice. If you would like to continue this discussion start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back