Puss-n-Boots

Rob B

Just a creative title to a little booty discussion. It's time to give up the old worn out Gill Zip up booties. I think the rooster boots look nice. The Gill did a great job, but offer no support. What models do everyone else like?

What sort of support are you referring to ? There seems to be the issue of supporting the ankle joint and I've seen various solutions, the most common seems to be a seperate ankle brace inside the boot (or just by itself, there are shots of Ben A. barefoot w/ just a brace)

I"m looking for a boot that offers a snug fit that I don't pull a hernia trying to get into and out of. The Gill boots slide around on my foot a bit. I've seen the support strap on the Rooster boot, but wonder if it gets in the way on the strap unless you're hiked out by your toes.

have you looked at the zhik range? www.zhik.com
they have a hiking strap that marries with the top of there boot range, you can get normal or ankle boots also they have developed a strap that goes around the top of the boot to help support the ankle but the strap is a extra and only works with the full length bootie thats my 2 cents.

Back