Project: refitting Laser II?

jlemash

Hi everyone, this is my first post here!
I've just gotten my hands on a laser II hull; the guy next door is moving and has had it sitting in his yard. Cleats/rails etc. are all in place. Hull is quite sound, firm, no cracks or anything of the sort.

Assuming the hull is pretty much set, can anybody help me out with a very rough estimate of what the rest of the setup would run me? Plenty of time to dig up parts, I'll be working on this through the off season.

-rigging, spars, sails (just the main+jib), trap, rudder assembly, board

I'm not looking to race this, so class legal parts are not an issue. I've done some scrounging around cl and eBay for parts, but was hoping somebody has had some past experience. Really want to get this boat on the water!

jlemash - the Laser II is a fun boat. I sailed it as a junior, when in Ontario and around NA it was the standard junior double handed racing boat. Since then it seems to have pretty much disappeared from being competitively active, and I don't think anyone is making it or official parts anymore in any event, so no need to worry about "class legal". Because of that, I would wager that the best way to find a complete set of parts would be to buy another Laser II as a "parts boat". I think Intensity has a few Laser II parts, but not enough to outfit a whole boat.

The boat is fun, especially in a breeze, where it can be a really fast and athletic boat.

Back