Printed Laser Trademark at the Laser Foils

LooserLu

LooserLu
Hi,
I have a small question: Since when, at the foils (f.e. the rudderhead), the Laser-Trademark has been engraved into the metall and since when the red Laser-Trademark sticker have been glued to the foils?

A sailing mate uses a Laser No. 166xxx and joins a major race in a couple of days. The foils of this Laser are builder supplied (he changed them later aft he got the boat) he says, but do not have this red sticker and such trademarks printed into the metall head of the rudder.
Perhaps the measurement not give their "ok" to his boat, he is afraid. I guess, at that time, the 166xx has been left the mould in the end of the 90ties, those Laser-Trademark stickers and the engravings not have been necessary - am I right?

Thanks for useful answers.

Have a great weekend on the water, all.
LooserLu

Re: Printed Laser Trademaark at the Laser Foils

take some photos and show us

Here's one that shows all. (Taken from my Laser 171xxx, built in 2000/2001 )

G' day
LooserLu

Attachments

• Laser  Trademarks.jpg
    Laser Trademarks.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 84
Hi,
I have a small question: Since when, at the foils (f.e. the rudderhead), the Laser-Trademark has been engraved into the metall and since when the red Laser-Trademark sticker have been glued to the foils?

LooserLu

Lu, my boat was made in 2003. There's no red sticker on the centerboard or on the rudder. The rudder is a replacement for when I lost the original. I don't recall a red sticker on the original rudder, either. There is the Laser logo engraved on the rudder head.

Also, I just read the rules on rudders and centerboards and it don't say nothin' about stickers or engravings, so your friend is cool.

http://www.laserinternational.org/rules/rules07.pdf

Builder in different countries may identify the parts differently. For about the last ten years, all US boats have had yellow stickers on the spars and blades identifying them as "authorized" class equipment.

Builder in different countries may identify the parts differently. For about the last ten years, all US boats have had yellow stickers on the spars and blades identifying them as "authorized" class equipment.

My blades don't have any yellow stickers either, and they were bought new from a Laser dealer.

My blades don't have any yellow stickers either, and they were bought new from a Laser dealer.

Oops, you must have some counterfiet knock-off blades made in Bangladesh to improper tolerances. Are you trying to cheat the class of its properly due royalties? I'm calling the FBI...

Back