Please tell the sunfishclass.org your fleet or yacht club's website

tkjazzer

I noticed on sunfishclass.org, that they have links to all the yacht clubs that have websites. I also noticed that devils lake yacht club did not have their website on there (went to their site to check out their regatta). While I have no affiliation with the class yet, I think it would be nice to see more yacht clubs, fleets, and sailing centers which have websites, to be linked to on the sunfishclass.org webpage.

What do you think?

I heard that the webmaster was displaced by Katrina, so be understanding and patient, but I still think we should keep the site updated. I think that it is fine to email him/her now even if he/she is temporarily not working on the project. What do you think?

If someone is willing to take on the task, I will be glad to create a links page for all the fleets, clubs, etc here on this site. (I don't have any control over the content on sunfishclass.org.)

The only way the list of links will be complete is for someone (or some people) to proactively seek out club websites and fleets. Expecting everyone to send in their address is not realistic.

BTW, Bishop does a great job with the site, but you have to remember he is just a volunteer. If you would like to see something on the site, step up and help out. Volunteers are always welcome.

Cheers,

Hmm,

Ok, how about people start sending you their Fleet number and webpage. Then just take the list that is posted on sunfishclass.org of every fleet and as people send them in, you can make the list into links. Maybe make a sticky with the request and the contact info on how to send you the info... And then see who bites. In the sticky advertise that volunteers are wanted to seek out fleets and update their contact info.

If someone is going to proactively seek out each fleet, also try to encourage fleets that do not have websites to make one... even if it is just one page. Some things that I like to see on fleet web pages are

Fleet Number
Fleet Size
Day(s) of Weekly Race(s)
Brief Description of Atmosphere at race site

The only problem of seeking information separate from the class effort is that the class may already have this information and so it may be duplicate and people are less willing to give information to people that are not official. But, I don't think a web address is that personal and your forum is highly respected.

Back