Picking up boat tonight

ColdPass

Well, I just bought a sunfish. I'm picking it up tonight! I'm told that it weighs in at 125#, so I'm pretty sure I won't need to be drying it out, which is good. I certainly didn't get a steal on it, but I didn't want to forfeit an entire summer of sailing trying to save a couple hundred dollars. Here's to a fun summer of sailing!

It's an unmolested '72. Olympic sail (the colors) and a white hull with red and blue stripes. For a 35 year old boat it's in great shape.

We live on a lake that's roughly 1/4 mile by 1/4 mile square (30 acres) and wanted somthing to enjoy out on it. I've been out on the water the last two evenings and having a blast! Our dog isn't sure that he's entirely comfortable sailing with us, but he's getting used to it. :)

I've managed to get stuck in irons a couple times, but haven't flipped yet. (Although I did flip the neighbor's Minifish a few times.)

I need to make some sort of a stand for the boat to pull it out of the water but keep it easy to launch. Anyone have pictures of something that they've done?

Back