outhaul line length

ChalmersP

Well I am thinking about replacing my "stock" outhaul primary line (the part you hold) with maffioli 4mm. If I want to tie a daisy chain at the tail end I would need a longer tail. The 14' line that i have now gives me a 1 foot tail, will 16' work?

Thanks
ChalmersP

Re: outhalu line length

go 18, or even 19, you can always cut it off, but you can never add it!

I've been trying to post a pic of my version, while it's not a daisy chain, it really works, but my camera won't connect ! ((*&&&*)&)*)(*!!!!!!

Thanks for trying to post a picture, I think im going for 18 or 20, I dont know why but 19 scares me! yeah dont ask, i dont have a valid reason!

Thanks
ChalmersP

Here we go. As you see, it's pretty basic, just a bowline, and the handle has a knot in itself. I'll often just grab the piece with the knot and pull as there is enough meat, and it's thick enough. The lower loop that is formed by knot is big enough to put my hand in if I have to, but it's not bigger than required. I've never been a big fan of big honkin daisy chains, and when soaking when the line tends to weigh a bit, and this is better then just a basic bowline. I use this for my downhaul, outhaul, and I have two on my vang.

IMG_0233.jpg

thanks for the picture and explanation. i know there are readers and class members that appreciate this kind of knowledge and positive feedback.

Back