Omega Capri cubby board

Thread starter #1
Could anyone please give me the dimensions of a board that they have in their cubby so that I can put things to lay flat at the bow cubby? Thanks so much. I am thinking I can just cut it out of plywood.

c14_Jim

Sailing on Shelter Bay
I'm not sure what you mean by that. My boat has a hatch in the bow that opens to a small storage area about the size of a bucket. It is odd shaped but roughly 19 by 16 inches. Are we talking about the same thing? You are talking about the Omega, correct? The problem I have is that if gets full of stagnant water in the winter. I put weather stripping on to seal it, but somehow the water still got in. I'm considering a very small hole in the bottom of it so it would drain into the hull but back out the open plug in winter when it is on the trailer.

Could anyone please give me the dimensions of a board that they have in their cubby so that I can put things to lay flat at the bow cubby? Thanks so much. I am thinking I can just cut it out of plywood.
I didn't bother with that. I got a car "trunk organizer", shoved it in the cuddy, and now I have compartments. Also, I clipped a short bungy from the trunk organizer handle around the mast to keep it from spilling into the cockpit.

Thread starter #4
I love the idea of a trunk organizer...but I think I will still need to cut some wood to make that bow area flat. When I get to that point I'll post pictures. I guess from what I am hearing, and also talking with Catalina, someone changed the cuddy before I got possession of the boat. What a project!