Olympic editions

scars_scrapes

i know in 1996 a blue Olympic edition laser was produced. was there another color too? also, did other special olympic editions come out, like in 2000 or 2004, etc...

My friend has a blue, centennial olympics boat, it is like new and it was made in 1996, maybe there were two different colors?

And if you look closely, you will see that the 1996 Olympic boats used clear red or blue gelcoat over what appears to be rice paper. Real nice work.

And if you look closely, you will see that the 1996 Olympic boats used clear red or blue gelcoat over what appears to be rice paper. Real nice work.

Yes, they have a beautiful leaf print of some sort. I had a red one for about a year until I sold it to a junior sailor at my club.

thanks for the replies, i have a blue one and it is a nice looking boat. thinking may be i want the red one too. what did the 2000 olympic edition look like?

Sydney Lasers had a medium blue stripe with Olympic rings.

My '96 is the red version. Pics attached. I've read they weren't licensed to use the Olympic rings then, so they put "Centennial Olympic Games" and "100" on the topsides.

Attachments

• Ainslie-Scheidt Sydney.jpg
    Ainslie-Scheidt Sydney.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02020.jpg
    DSC02020.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC02021.jpg
    DSC02021.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02022.jpg
    DSC02022.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 40
  • AtlantaLaser.jpg
    AtlantaLaser.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 42
Oh...I guess I should have included the 2004 Athens version, which is nice, and the 2008 Bejing, which just looks like a sticker on the side of a white hull.

Attachments

• Athens Arapov.jpg
    Athens Arapov.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 45
  • OlympicsTraining1.jpg
    OlympicsTraining1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 41

Back