older, underweight and want to race again

mastiff

Hi, Iam looking for information about getting back into racing again. I am in my 40,s - 100lbs and have a radial and 4.7 rig. I think that the 4.7 is my best option to be competitive but don't know anywhere that I can sail with other adult sailors with 4.7's. I live in PA. Any ideas?

thanks

mastiff said:
where that I can sail with other adult sailors with 4.7's. I live in PA. Any ideas?

thanks

I checked the district map at www.laser.org using the zipcode that you put in your profile. You want to talk to the District 10 secretary. Her information is below. District 10 includes eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.

District 10
Janet Combs1104 Kennedy Drive
Wall, NJ 07716
PH: 732-974-1887
[email protected]

Merrily

If you live in the Philadelphia area, there are a bunch of good options, particularly since you are light.

Summers are typicaly light conditions, and you may have to hike a bit more than a heavier sailor, but you will probably be just as fast.

You can try:
Corinthian Yacht Club - on the Delaware, south of the airport a bit - we all race full rig lasers, but would not kick you out for racing us with a smaller sail...I might suggest a radial rather than a 4.7 - more people race them.

www.cycop.com

Cooper River Yacht Club- on the Jersey side - a great club with lots of racing, also a light air venue.

Back