Media Newest boat in the world me thinks

Wow..That is 10249 newer than my spring 2002 boat.

In that short period, Lasers have doubled LIFETIME production of the venerable J-24. In fact, the number is close ( more or less? don't know)to the grand total of ALL J-boats.

Snipes were the largest class in the world when they took from 1935 to 1956 to register that many boats.

I am not real sure but, I would not be surprised if the stats indicate the following;
Take the Optis and Sunfish out of the mix and there are as many new Lasers as everything else combined

Considering that great supply of brand new boats and the fact that Lasers must be severely beaten to wear them out...It is no wonder the Laser sailing game is growing and causing sailing all over the world to boom. In North America this year paid class membership grew to over 2000.

Bring a friend or a stranger and make a new friend. The game has already begun to boom again!!!

one more thing.

Laser #10252 is at the Austin Yacht Club. I believe it is a 1975. My 1972 hull was 1969.
More new Lasers were built in the last three years than during the first three BOOM years of the Laser phenomenon.

The boom is on again!! Not only do we have as many new boats available as there were in 1976 but we have 175000 used boats in vsarious states of repair.

We are not beginning a new game with no experience this time. We have a worldwide organization, an Olympic game for the very best, and hundrerds of established traditional regattas.

We have establkished fleets and thousands of sailing clubs where we have a welcome mat laid out for us.

The sails are better, the lines and rigging are more durable and easier to use.
WE HAVE HIKING PANTS!!!

We have the internet, email, cell phones, answering machines, Seitech dollies, cars with Air conditioning, cd players and satellite Radio.

I am so sick of the naysayers who come up with their bull crap excuses. The game is booming Booming Booming!!! There should be 100 boat regattas weekly all over the planet.

just invite everybody...which has never been easier!!

And we will have 100 boat regattas!! It IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

While I am at it...come to the easter laser regatta in 2006.!

Back