Newbie ... sort of

TomM

After a 20 year hiatus, I have a Laser to sail again and need to refresh myself on rigging, care and sailing. Is there a tutorial available online where I can revive my memory?

Also, my boat has a serial# PSL 10264 1173 on the stern, and sail numbers 10264. Is there anything I can determine about the boat's history from this info?

Thanks all...

There is tons of stuff on this site go to the search, and also google it.
I think you have a 73 boat.

Hey .. there you go ... google... why didn't I think of that.. instead of asking for some help from experts.. spend hours googling. Good idea!!! I'll get right on it.

Hey .. there you go ... google... why didn't I think of that.. instead of asking for some help from experts.. spend hours googling. Good idea!!! I'll get right on it.

Easy there Pedro. The fastest way to get going again is to check out what the folks in a nearby fleet are doing these days. There have been 4 big changes in the last 20 years. They are: New vang system, new outhaul system, new cunningham system, and new clew hook. Go to www.apsltd.com and check them out. Otherwise if you're daysailing or club racing in a small fleet then nothing has changed. Oh, go to Rooster Sailing and buy the DVD for upwind and downwind sailing. If you weigh under 160 get a radial rig. That covers the 30,000 ft view. When you get those things going you can get a lot more detailed w/the questions.

Back