New to the forum

Zrtsixx

Hello to everyone! ;)
It has been around 20 years since I was onboard a Sunfish. I have started looking for one here where I live (Nashville TN). I looked at a MiniFish today. It looked really nice for its age. I know that the Mini is shorter and the sail (?) is smaller than a sunfish. I want to be able to take my wife out on the local lake. Is a Mini two "small" for two? (Approx 260 lbs total) I want a boat that we can enjoy for a couple of years. Although there are Laser races on the lake we live near, I don't know if I would ever compete..... A Laser almost seems overwhelming to me based on what I have read. Ideally, I would appreciate some experienced people’s opinions. Thanks!
Steve

I owned a Laser, and found its operation was "too tender" for...um...Senior Citizens.

Hello to everyone! ;)
It has been around 20 years since I was onboard a Sunfish. I have started looking for one here where I live (Nashville TN). I looked at a MiniFish today. It looked really nice for its age. I know that the Mini is shorter and the sail (?) is smaller than a sunfish. I want to be able to take my wife out on the local lake. Is a Mini two "small" for two? (Approx 260 lbs total) I want a boat that we can enjoy for a couple of years. Although there are Laser races on the lake we live near, I don't know if I would ever compete..... A Laser almost seems overwhelming to me based on what I have read. Ideally, I would appreciate some experienced people’s opinions. Thanks!
Steve
A Laser would not be suitable for taking your spouse out on the water. A Sunfish perhaps, but there are many boats more suitable for two: Albacores, DaySailors, Vanguard 15 etc.
Here's a link to another recent thread that covers, approximately, the same ground:
http://sailingforums.com/threads/family-daysailer-vs-2nd-sunfish.22774/

Back