new to the forum, hello all

arm

arm
Hola.

I am new to this forum and new to laser sailing too. I have been sailing for a long time but my middle age crisis drove me to acquiring a laser. I am still learning the laser and often times the learning includes swimming...but i love the feeling of the laser experience and i enjoy every minute on-board the laser. I am looking forward to more laser learning and enjoyment.

be well.

ARM

Welcome to Laser Forum, this is great place to learn about Laser sailing. Just use the search function to look for spgecific questions, or ask it in a new post. Lot's of people willing to assist around here. Good luck!

Welcome! Buying a Laser sure beats the heck out of the ways some other middle-aged guys express their crises, eh?

Only problem I see with middle age is that the young guys beat us on raw strength and the old guys beat us on cunning. :mad: Great excuse to work hard on your game, and to get to the gym in the off season!

hi Chris ..... well i always wanted a laser...i started sailing sunfish way back then....and on the lazy sails back from nearby cays, a laser or two would always sail by and pass me...i always wanted to get one of those lasers...life went on and i got a nacra 5.2 catamaran...darn fast...bye bye sunfish and lasers and most everything else on the water...but...too wild a ride for my wife and too wet to carry anything for the queen of the ocean blue....so we got a cal 27!! yeah...life was good...a little kid, lovely wife, decent coastal cruiser with above average speed...nice...left the cal 27 in Puerto Rico and moved to Florida...got a Lippincott 30, my son grew to opti sailing and ...here we go again...i coach the kids...the racing dinghies rule...the c420 and the lasers and everything else...yeah i race on thursday nights and big boats but there is always the pure form of the little dinghy...so stealing my son's opti does not work that much..he does not like me taking his opti...and Coach K had this laser for sale....and it is so darn cool...i had to...so, i could not afford the porsche, my wife (remember the lady queen of the ocean blue?) would kill me if i got a mistress...i went for the laser..my boat handling sucks, i capsize often (not as much lately) and i spend more energy keeping the boat going than thinking outside the boat....still...what a great ride!! my roll gybes are getting better, roll tacks are not....i got the trailer road ready and i will attend my first laser regatta soon!!...we will see how far this will go...watch out folks...Coach R is on the laser again!!

be well.

ARM

Back