New (to me) laser :)

groove

I am new to sailing. Just picked this one up, my first boat and it RAWKS!

Attachments

• Aug08_0001.jpg
    Aug08_0001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 107
Welcome:

After a 10 year absence, I am a returning Laser member and sailing again.

Nobody seem to care about my 'dumb' questions. I like that.

Kris
Hutchinson, Kansas

I'm new to Lasers too, got mine (faded '73) in July. It is a bit of a project still so I have not had it in the water yet, but itching to do so. Groove, yours looks pretty nice, what year is it?

I was psyched to be able to repair the sail this past weekend. It had a huge tear along one of the seams which required a long patch with lots of stitching. I had originally thought it was unsalvageable which would have been a pity since it was the original and class legal. Next step is the hull. It needs a second inspection port so I can clean out the sand and old styrofoam to replace with new flotation.

Groove, I also noticed the home made rack yours is sitting on. Looks useful and not too complicated. Does it have wheels for dollying? I am thinking of building a rack that would slide into the bed of our pickup truck. That way I will not need a trailer. Curious to hear how yours works.

Best luck to you both.

Thanks,
Shaun

That is a 4x8 utility trailer that was modified with those carved rails. It works pretty good too. The boat is a 1980

Back