New Sailor with a Laser

Good evening gents,
I'm 17, from northern Cali, just learned to sail in the Caribbean on a Laser, and picked one up when I got back to the states, a '94 with three sails and some other stuff for extremely cheap from what I hear,

anyways, does anyone have a guide on how to rig it? It came with a brand new radial sail, radial mast, 2 regular sails and a mast.
I bought it from a 75 year old man and the CA registration sticker on the boat is a 1995... He didnt show me anything about it, just handed me a big bag of stuff, and at the yacht club, they rigged it all for us and me and a buddy just taught ourselves
Cheers

Hi,
if possible, then get inspection ports made by "RWO" (don't forget to order the related rubber rings for those inspection ports, only those rings make that RWO inspection ports really waterproof).

Never install an inspection port at the center line of the deck (reaseon: the deck is not flat there)

If you have no experienced one at your side, for rgging instructions and the beginning of Laser sailing I recommend Tim Davison's Laser Book and for more info's Dick Tillman's The Complete Book of Laser Sailing (See Here). Perhaps you get them used cheaper at amazon.

Ciao
LooserLu

You will probably want to upgrade to the new style vang and outhaul/cunningham setup. go to your local dealer to check it out...

Make sure the inspection ports are definitely the V11302's as sold by Vanguard (available at APS or your local Vanguard dealer). Even though these plates are made by Viking, the Viking specific 5" plate lids don"t exactly fit the 5" Vanguard supplied ones. I personally ran into this problem a while back.

Back