New member, new owner

Ultradave

Just wanted to introduce myself and apologize for the day long thunderstorms on Long Island Sound. You see, I just bought a used '80 Sunfish Saturday. While I did take it out on the bay (we live right on Long Island Sound) yesterday for about 90 minutes, today's bad weather is no doubt caused by my new purchase.

This is always the case with amateur astronomy. When you buy any new gear, it clouds up for at least a week.

Anyway, my new old Sunfish needs a new sail which is already on order and a ratchet block, and after sailing season I plan to refinish the bottom. It has some worn spots where there is no finish that were badly repaired with some kind of epoxy. The good news is that there are no cracks or soft spots and the hull seems dry - no extra weight, so I very much enjoyed my initial sail yesterday. The old sail is still serviceable, at least for now.

I grew up on sailboats - my family always had one, but the small Sunfish is a new experience for me. I had a blast yesterday and was looking forward to more today.

Dave

I live in Niantic, CT (part of East Lyme) just up from the beach so I can keep the boat at the beach - more likely to go out on the spur of the moment that way.

Dave

Back