New laser tiller

DrSteve

I bought my laser very used. It looks as though someone let their dog chew on the tiller (not the extension) and I’d like to get a replacement. Trouble is the cheapest option I found was for a tiller plus extension from Gorilla for close to $135+.

Can anyone recommend an online store or do you have one you’d like to sell?

I’m near Annapolis, MD

Cheers,
Steve

”Dogchewed” :D sounds like your old tiller is wooden. That means that the extension is very likely too short, and it would be smart to replace that, too. (How long is it?)

The ”Gorilla” (which is actually an informal name) was the class standard before carbon fibre took over around the year 2000. It remains a very good choice for non-serious racing (and the difference is largely psychological). A combo with an extension at USD 135 doesn’t actually sound too bad.

_

”Dogchewed” :D sounds like your old tiller is wooden. That means that the extension is very likely too short, and it would be smart to replace that, too. (How long is it?)

The ”Gorilla” (which is actually an informal name) was the class standard before carbon fibre took over around the year 2000. It remains a very good choice for non-serious racing (and the difference is largely psychological). A combo with an extension at USD 135 doesn’t actually sound too bad.
Yes absolutely wooden. I’m not sure what the extension length is offhand…about the same length as the tiller. It’s definitely not an original. But I guess I will have to recalibrate my financial expectations!
Thank you !

@DrSteve - At least you are trying to upgrade as opposed to feeling the sting when the universal joint breaks, it's lost overboard, it's right there in the water just within grasp. . . . then poof it takes a nose dive to the bottom.

Lol…I’m a Brit, learned to sail (and then teach) the RYA way…sailing without a rudder…not my favorite thing, and I would swear for sure, but real real sailors can do it without a rudder. At the highest levels you learn the hidden knowledge…sailing without a boat.

@DrSteve - At least you are trying to upgrade as opposed to feeling the sting when the universal joint breaks, it's lost overboard, it's right there in the water just within grasp. . . . then poof it takes a nose dive to the bottom.
Actually I wouldn’t so much say I’m trying to upgrade…just trying to sail and reduce the chances of avoidable accidents!

Back