New Laser Hulls

Tom

I've heard in the latest reports that the new laser hulls have been having problems with the hull getting bubbles then cracking causing allkinds of structual damage and that the hulls have been coming out of the moulds warped????? is this true because i have friends(2 friends) that just recieved there boats and have been having this problem and sent the boats back to the laser manufacturer for new ones? Is this happening all over the world or just in the Australian moulds?????

We have about 10 boats from '02 and '03 in our fleet, all made by Vanguard in the US - all are fine.

What you are describing sounds like a bad lot of resin from the supplier to the AUS builder.

Don't feel so confident with Vanguard. I had a 2003 that had the hull problems described. Also I was told other 03 lasers and v15s were defected; however, only 8-10 laser were made in my batch and 4 v15s, but all were sent to the houston area where I got my boat.

watch out when you say "vanguard"... they often subcontract actual boat building... for instance... when the 49er was first built by vanguard, it was produced by a small american boatbuilding company, but something happened and now they all come from new zealand.

Back