Need Someone to Train with?

tkjazzer

I'm looking for people with whom to train/practice and/or travel to regattas with. I'm leaving northern michigan for the Lansing Area. Moving East Coast for the Fall and Winter. I am willing to travel south and no regatta is too far. I will be practicing almost every day because I am trying to move to the next level. I own a dry suit and will be frostbiting when I am in the northeast. 22 years old. -Tom

Please specify whether you are looking for a buddy in Lansing or in the East. If the latter, where will you be located in the East/Northeast?

haven't decided on the city yet. Probably Boston, maybe Newport or Long Island Sound Area. Love NYC but can't imagine living in the city and being able to make it to the water easily. What's the Laser scene like in the big apple? Willing to make trips to the south (like florida for regattas or training sessions).

On the LIS scene, Cedar Point (Westport, CT http://cedarpointyc.org/DesktopDefault.aspx ) is the place to sail in the fall and spring - every Sunday 10 weeks apiece starting mid Oct and then again in mid March. avg 30+ boats, some 50-60 boat days, good competition and friendly.

There are folks coming from NYC and New Jersey There is a train station that connects with NYC approx 3 miles from Cedar Point and you can usually arrange a pickup/drop off with someone sailing.

If you do end up in Boston, there's also a Frostbite fleet at Cottage Park Yacht Club in Winthrop, MA. See Here for more info. I was hoping to get out there and sail some this winter myself, but it looks like finances are going to keep me from it.

Just FYI,

Peter

what about practicing with college sailing teams? I had to quit my college sailing team after the first year to focus on academics. I've got a year before grad school to go balls out with sailing. Are most college sailing teams willing to let a laser hop in for the practices?

Im lookin 4 ne1 in the bay area who can hang with me. I can sail out of anywhere in the east bay marin or st francis,

It looks like I am going to be stuck in Lansing, MI for at least a month. I'm going to try to go practice a bit with MSU and U of M teams but if any wants to go practice lasers anywhere in mid-michigan for the next couple months, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

Back