my Independence Day pic

mixmkr

13582150_10206622703877290_1117561082536538098_o.jpg

:cool: Spectacular photo—Spectacular sail—Spectacular morning! :)

Twenty-three views by 2:48 this morning! :eek:

Where or where do I get a sail like that? Please let me know.

I have to have one!

Warm regards,
Whitecap

yeah...that's who I got it from. Seem cut nicely...good draft and I'm VERY happy with that. The window is parallel to the boom, so if your boom is canted up in the aft end...it'll be a little crooked. Actually I'm liking it this way. Also about the window...and what you might expect...the clear vinyl is about as cheap as you can get. I do marine canvas work and know enough to be dangerous, but it's probably the least expensive, 20 mil (or less) vinyl you could probably get. Folds good, but visibility suffers with the cheap stuff. The stiching is nicely down and is a multi point zig zag... (Judy B must have one of those Sailrite prof zig zag machines) All in all, a nice sail, especially the cut and finish stitching. Looks like 3 oz Dacron...probably by Challenge. I'd recommend and buy more from her as well. Oh...yeah....looks spectacular if you like colored, themed sails.

btw....her sails are offered with the window as a $20 extra. At these prices, you almost really don't save money making the sails yourself. The Dacron and gromets are going to cost you $100 easy, so unless you totally enjoy doing this stuff...you're really not saving money to make one.

Back