Motor mount installation update

WILD BILL

Sometime ago, I posted an issue regarding a problem with the factory motor mount and the rudder making contact when the rudder tiller is positioned all the way to starboard (or rudder left). After doing a lot of research and getting a lot of great suggestions from members of this forum, I was able to resolve this problem. In short, I used two right side brackets. The biggest problem was getting one additional right side bracket. I referenced the left side of the mount six inches from the port side. Using a template, I located the other holes on the transum before drilling the four 5/16's holes. If I am able to upload pictures, you can now
FACTORY INSTALLATION.JPG
NEW INSTALLATION.JPG
see the additional clearance between the motor mount and rudder. I had trouble uploading more files to this post. So anyone interested in more details regarding this installation, please email me at [email protected]

WILD BILL, .... great job skipper, look real good and it sure gives a good feeling knowing the job is done right.

How about posting an inside shot of the bolt locations. I think this would be helpful for the folks that are considering this installation! ;)

WILD BILL, .... great job skipper, look real good and it sure gives a good feeling knowing the job is done right.

How about posting an inside shot of the bolt locations. I think this would be helpful for the folks that are considering this installation! ;)
Howdy George,
I think it was your suggestion that led me to install the motor mount with the left side bracket turned in. Our engine mount brackets are slightly different, but by using two right side brackets, this indeed gave me the results I was hoping for. Thanks for your reply and have a good one.

Attachments

• INSIDE MOUNT HARDWARE.JPG
    INSIDE MOUNT HARDWARE.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 87
  • RIGHT SIDE BRACKETS.JPG
    RIGHT SIDE BRACKETS.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 86
  • TEMPLATE.JPG
    TEMPLATE.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 85
  • TEMPLATE IN PLACE.JPG
    TEMPLATE IN PLACE.JPG