minor damage, scratches

HikedLikeCrazy

Got some minor boat work to do before I start racing again. How should I fix this blemish on my bow? Looks like I need to do some gelcoating, any recommendations? Also, I have some minor scratches along the boat that I can and have been fixing with filling putty. Any recommendations for a specific puddy, one thats fast?

Attachments

• bowblemish.jpg
    bowblemish.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 86
  • scratch.jpg
    scratch.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
any two part marine polyester marine filler should do the trick... i use bondo, but that has kinda become a generic name... just mix a hotter batch if you want it to go faster... but those look like little scratches, you'll have them fixed in no time! what did you hit? [or should i say, what hit you? =P ]

I use west system and i small amount of thickener. I just went over about 10 spots that were pretty bad( someone pulled my boat up on a dock that had nails sticking out of it)

Make sure to use very high grit sandpaper when wet sanding. 600 works well, I am using that and finishing with 1500.

those aint little! one of them is huge!

I would never let my boat get that bad, daaamn

You should see the other guy ;)

Time and opportunity my ass. It's worth it just to have that reputation so people know im not messing around.

Just kidding, I got those while attempting to beach my boat on a floating ramp. I do it all the time and the ramps very padded so it never damages the boat if you put enough weight on the stern. This time I didn't put enough weight on the stern.

dear God, thats crazy!

just pull up alongside

take care of your boat, and it will take care of you

Back