Master Worlds families?

Having never attended a worlds event I was wondering if there are many families there? I really want to bring my kids along but was hoping they would have something to do while I am sailing.
Any thoughts?

Mike

I understand the venue is 30-40 minute drive from any decent sized town. If they can't drive they will have to be able to entertrain themselves at the club ALL DAY.

I don't think there is a beach to play on so it may get kind of boring for them, (again depending on their age).

These big events take so much time I have found it is better to go on my own than "drag" the family along so I can only eat dinner with them, (because that's about all the personal time you'll get).

If the family is into things like kayaking, beach combing, hiking, the area has lots to offer. Last year I went to the Canadian Nationals. We rented a house directly accross the bay from the club. My family kayaked and did some sightseeing. We will be renting the same house for the Masters Worlds. I don't think hanging out at the club will be much of an option. They will probably have organized spectator boats so maybe one day they could do that. If they drive to the west side of the island they can see 30 to 50 foot tides in the Bay of Fundy! It is about a 2 hour drive so it would be another all day adventure. You wife would love all the little quaint fishing towns up and down the coast. Place like the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove are pretty cool.

The only problem with all this is you would not see it. But getting the stories from the kids would be fun ;-)

We actually just booked a room at the Holiday Inn so the kids can at least have a pool and wifi if they are bored. We are also driving so they can explore while Iam on the water.
Mike

Back