Martket Value - opinions sought

1sailor

I have a guy maybe purchasing my MC Scow, and he has an '01 Laser to trade toward my MC which works well.

What is the market value of a white '01 boat which has:

trailer
dolly
2 spare top sections
practice sail
race sail
2- new sails still in the bag w/o numbers
full top and bottom cover
spare centerboard

Any ideas on this?

We're trying to work a trade

Thanks

1sailor said:
I have a guy maybe purchasing my MC Scow, and he has an '01 Laser to trade toward my MC which works well.

What is the market value of a white '01 boat which has:

Why don't you compare with the classified ads on this site? Besides, what's the condition of the hull and all of the peripherals? Is the rigging the Pro version?

Janet

just started looking at the classifieds... not enough data from a single glance and the deal is coming to fruition quickly so i was hoping the local "market expert" would chime in ....

the boat is reportedly pristine w. all the pro kit and spare -- faired-- foils.

thoughts?

1sailor said:
just started looking at the classifieds... not enough data from a single glance and the deal is coming to fruition quickly so i was hoping the local "market expert" would chime in ....

the boat is reportedly pristine w. all the pro kit and spare -- faired-- foils.

thoughts?

Well, the first piece of advice: NEVER buy any boat quickly! Take your time to assess the boat and the value of similar boats. Also check:
http://www.laser.org/m/_general/classifieds.asp
Your description sounds great, with all the extra parts. But then again, what kind of extra sails are these, what kind of tiller does the boat have, etc. etc.
The whole package could be worth anywhere between $4000 and 6000.
So, take your time to do some research. Suspicion should arise whenever a seller puts pressure on you in terms of time.

Back