mainsheet

just my opinion but, i switched to a BZZZ line recently after using 2 Roosters. much more feel w/ the Bzzz, the Rooster tends to get rather rigid under load. no breakin period either.

Here's a line for your mainsheet, I'm not sure if it's the very best, but here it is anyway:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A piece of rope walks into a bar and the bartender says, "We don't serve your kind." The rope goes outside, ties himself in a knot and frays one end of himself. He walks back into the bar and the bartender says, "Weren't you just in here?" The rope replies, "No, I'm a frayed knot." [/FONT]

BZZZ line gets my vote. The Rooster will knot more as it ages, and they won't come out. The BZZZ will "knot" from the start, but they literally just shake out of it. The BZZZ is also a bit softer and feels "lighter".

I just started using the BZZZ line (or is it Buzz - different web sites have different names) last weekend. I switched over from the Rooster.

I found the BZZZ to be softer and didn't "lock" as well in my rachet block, which gave me the feeling that I was using more energy just to hold the line. Also, on Down wind runs in light air it drooped a lot and tended to drag in the water.

But (and most importantly), it didn't knot up at the windward mark when I was trying to get my sail out fast.

All in all, I thought it was a great line and I'll use it much more before making any final decisions about going back to the Rooster. Also, maybe it's time for a new Rachet block (does it ever end??)

Back