Maffioli Swiftcord Mainsheet

R

Ross B

i currently use a rooster mainsheet , 6mm,7mm, and i love them, but there not too much fun without gloves, especially the 6mm when it gets a bit windy, i was thinking of just sailing without gloves for a while, and toughening my hands up, but i also have the Swiftcord for my control lines, and was thinking about getting some of it in 6mm, and trying that, has anyone used a 6mm swiftcord mainsheet?? or swiftcord as a main sheet at all? how is it? does it soak up alot of water and weigh the boom down?? that one thing i like about the 6mm rosster in light air, it doesent weight the book down when its wet downwind, if anyone jhas any experience with swiftcord has a mainsheet, please respond

I found that once i started to sail my laser with no gloves i started to feel the power in the sail better i dunno i may be full of shit but ya.....i was sailing with the rooster main sheet at CORK and i did not find that my hand were sore after also...

so what kind of mainsheet do you guys use?? what size, and length?? and if you use the rooster version, do any of you wear gloves?

i use a rooster 7mm and only really wear gloves if i know its gonna blow.

the traditional leather gloves just dont have enough 'feel' in them for anything under 15 knots for me

Well as i said before i dont use gloves i actually swiched by accident one day cause i forgot em on shore at WISC and well ive never put em back on exept for when it gets really cold but ya i dunno what diameter i use its the standard i think for the rooster main sheet.

I have some on my vang, and I love the fact I can pull pretty hard on it without trashing my hands.

I dont' know how well it ages.

There's a guy (gal?) who I think reads this bboard, who said that they used a lot of swiftcord in a heavily used fleet in a junior program and it got sort of lumpy after a while.

i had a swiftcord mainsheet and hated it. it would always tangle up and drive me insane. i would definitly stick with the rooster. for controls, swirtcord is great, but steer clear of it for your main sheet.

Back