Let's hope those trailer tires are rated for high speed!

Thread starter #1
My normal tow vehicle is going to be in the shop for the next month getting hail damage repaired, so I had to improvise:

BTW - just kidding about the high speed thing.... this vehicle isn't rated to tow at all - so I plan to be very careful with it.

The hitch is really cool, though - it's a custom thing from chaserace.com - almost all of it is removable with just 3 pins - so I don't have to have an ugly, heavy hitch hanging off my car all the time :)

Thread starter #3
Yes it is.

I've let it get into pretty bad shape though... I'd like to spruce it up a bit and get it back out on the lake at some point.

The hitch is really cool, though - it's a custom thing from chaserace.com - almost all of it is removable with just 3 pins - so I don't have to have an ugly, heavy hitch hanging off my car all the time :)
In France, used to be (until very recently and maybe still with some car insurers) that when not in use you had to removed your tow hitch. 3 years ago I was talking to somebody who was furious because they had just had a claim refused by their insurance company (their fault, claim by 3rd party - so they had to pay up themselves) because they still had their tow hitch on teh car and they were not towing. When I got my tow hitch fitted to my car I checked with my insurance company and at first they said it must be a removable one and I must take it off when not in use. They I asked again and was then told that they don't worry about that these days - so I chose the answer I liked (cheaper) and went for a fixed one. I cannot comment on how widespread the rule was but it is only starting to be ignored or has only very recently been dropped.

Ian

Thread starter #6
They're great boats - but too much for one person to handle.

I bought the laser so I could go sailing any time I wanted to without having to wait for anyone else - plus I can get the laser rigged and launched in 15 minutes! :D