launching dolly question

Captain_Capsize

I put my new seitech launching dolly together yesterday, it's nice! what is the hard rubber V support on foward center tube supposed to do? my sunfish doesn't come close to it unless i nose it down and hold it there....

I was never able to figure it out either, so I removed it. Someone suggested it might help keep the hull from contacting the dolly frame during launching and loading...

Kevin

Hi Capt. I also have the same new Dolly. The Bow of my Fish fit right into that V. I have a 2005 Sunfish. What year is your Boat? Maybe the reason.

Hi Again Capt. After looking further at my Sietec Dolly I see what you mean. Mine does the same thing, Good Question. Sorry for the bad info.

I think that is because they use the same materials for more then just sunfish. I don't think its supposed to touch that, I've never seen s sunfish that does. But a boat that is a little deaper would.

They are all like that. The good thing about it being there is if you want to launch your boat back wards in the dolly if the wind is blowing on shore with the rig up, the stern fits in the "V" and won't hit the rail.

The lower "V" is there to help guide your boat onto the dolly when you are taking it out of the water and to keep it from rubbing against the aluminum frame. Once you've got the boat on the dolly, with the bow on the upper support, the boat doesn't touch the lower "V".

Back