Laser Sailing on Lake Arlington. That's Arlington, TX!

monkey_feet

Arlington, TX
We are at 7 Lasers in our yard (#7 rolled in this last Sunday)! Not all are active, but we are startng to build the fleet. Lot's of interest.

If you are in the D/FW area and would like to come over, we race on Wednesday's and Sunday's.

I usually race my MC Scow on Sundays, but we usually have a decent group out. I'm out EVERY Wednesday on the Laser. I'm pretty new to the boat, and I'm having the time of my life with it. I'm so mad that I've been sailing for so many years and am just discovering the boat!

Hello, just a note of response...I'm hoping to take delivery of a Laser Pro in September from La Vida Starship so I will be interested in coming out. I'll be at Whiterock a lot, but plan to venture out.

I've crewed larger boats (1400 miles this year on a 53' ketch), but never sailed a small boat. I'm sure I'll at least provide some entertainment to anyone watching.

Cheers,

Kenny

Find the district Secretary. Find Peckover. Find the Henkels. Find Bruce .
There are local Dallas Fort Worth metro area Laser mailing lists.

Hank lives near by and maybe the twins are old enough for him to occasionally sail a bit.
Dyer is not too old yet.

Get an email list for your area from the NA Office. I set up the databse in 2002 so it only tkaes a coupl,e clicks to make an email list for any defined area in North America.
You could choose zip code, Phone area code, state, city, and I honestly forgot whether I installed teh "local sailing waters" and "home club" fields in the database before or after I passed it on to James.

The database is a handy tool. It can generate email addresses, print mainilg labels, or just make files for sorted for any of the fields or as many fields simultaneously as the operator chooses to select.

Example: You could get mailing Labels for every member of the class or person who has requested a free complimentary sample newsleter in your area since 1995.
I used to send out lists like that every day. Sometimes I sent a dozen packages a week including bumper stickers and newsletters.
The reason I didn't send more it the same reason teh current officers don't send more. They have a hell of a time finding interested folks like you who would be willing to spend a few hours making use of all the available information.

Just ask and you will be amazed how eager the various local officers and North American Officers will be to help you.

Invite the NA VP up for a clinic. He can run a great workshop for your group and he is very good a that stuff .

Make that fleet go!! I would love nothing more than to load the Austin Fleet trailer and vehicle full of friends to come play in your first regatta!!!

Fred and Jack we have a Laser regatta the 15th and 16th of September in Austin and the next weekend on White Rock, NO Excuses...

I moved from Dallas to Fort Worth and now trying to get FWBC members out in Lasers... I will have to take the boat to Arlington also. I sailed a regatta there this year with it blowing snot and loved it there.

Hello, just a note of response...I'm hoping to take delivery of a Laser Pro in September from La Vida Starship so I will be interested in coming out. I'll be at Whiterock a lot, but plan to venture out.

I've crewed larger boats (1400 miles this year on a 53' ketch), but never sailed a small boat. I'm sure I'll at least provide some entertainment to anyone watching.

Cheers,

Kenny
Hi Kenny:

I just bought a Laser Pro from La Vida in this month too. I am enjoying learning. I sail on Lake Lewisville.

John

I looked at the Austin results>>

James was WINNIN!!! He was ahead of Eldred and Peckover!!!

GO james KICK THOSE UNDR+ERSIZED FOLKS BUTTS!!!

Note: James tilts the scale at about 120KG

The wind was light to stopped altogether all day.

NO I did not sign up. I did not rig. I did not sail. I did not race.

NO ONE should schedule daytime sailing events in Austin in September

Back