Laser sailing in Charleston, SC

Birch

Hello my name is Andrew. I have been living in Charleston for the past 8 years and have been sailing my whole life. I currently have 2 Lasers in Charleston. I go out all the time on my own and am looking for some other people to sail with. I am only 27 so I do not have the money to join a club yet, hopefully in the next 5 years or so. I just want some assistance getting into the Laser scene here locally. Some friendly racing would be a plus! Let me know is anyone is interested in giving me a hand!

Thanks!

if you're in college there may be a "sailing club" at your school(which in turn has a deal with a yacht club).

Just a thought

Thanks, but I already graduated. I wish I could though I see them out practicing all the time.

Go to the district 12 website, (accessed through TLF) and send out a D12 e-mail. There is an open event hosted by the Carolina Yacht Club on Friday and Saturday of easter weekend, (2 weekends from now). There is also an open event at the same club in July. You should go sail or at least drop by and talk to some of the locals about casual sailing.

Back