Laser Sailing Days Over

rusticpixi

To all that have helped me throughout the past year with the answers to my many question, assistance on sailing questions and for being there and so friendly .... Thanks.

Due to an increasingly bad back problem, I've had to stop Laser Sailing. I'll try to have a go at bigger boats, but the thrill is to be no more. In consolation, I'm sailing a Mini Cooper around now ..... you know the ALL WEATHER kind.

Take care and again, Thanks

Paul

Paul,

Hang in there! Bad back days may yet turn out to be temporary. You could be back in action in about 3 to 4 months. Give yoga a try. Under a knowledgable tutor ofcourse.

Ravi

I had a total knee replacement and found the sitting position in the Laser - with my height (6'3) to be too much on my knee. So I quit sailing last year and moved on to bigger boats.

But the thrill of sailing was gone. Everytime is blowing and cruel out - I longed to be on the lake sailing like a fool. I took up windsurfing - which was a decent consolation. But still I longed for the Laser. Despite better judgement, I go out every week or so in the Laser ... I missed it so much!

Back