Laser Repair (Not the Mast Step :)

Linc_Allen

Hi everyone,

My brother and I just got our first laser!!! We are so excited to take her out, unfortunately we missed some glaring weaknesses on her. The first was the leaking mast step, which thanks to this forum and the plethora of past posts about how to fix that we have solved that problem. Now on to the new issue. We have a pretty good sized hole in the autobailer hole. It appears to be between the 2 sheets of fiberglass and it drains right into the boat ( not really where we want it to drain.) We do still have some fiberglass weave material and some epoxy and hardener left from out mast step fix. Can we use this to fix the hole of is there a better/more solid/ fool proof way to fix this. Any and all help and stories are appreciated here. Please help me get this fixed and get my butt out on the water!!!!

Thanks,

Lincoln

We had a boat for jr sailing that had a bad leak in this area so we just filled the hole in completely with epoxy, its not class legal but it worked great. Just kick the water out if any accumulates in the cockpit, that is what most people do anyway.

Back